Wednesday, October 8, 2014

An Ode to a Fleeting Memory...... #summer2014

I'm back!!! #bloglovin
Well its over. No really, officially its over!! I don't know whether to be happy or sad, jump up and down for joy or throw a terrible 2's tantrum. One NO 2-Year Old ever could compete with but that wouldn't be cute and it would spoil perfectly good makeup! (smile) None of it would bring IT back and that's ok because the memories are amazing and nothing can ever erase them. I loved every minute of it and if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Well that's not completely true because there were two major hiccups but even inside of those events we found reasons to laugh through the pain and see a rainbow at the end of what seemed to be a very dismal tunnel.

So by now your wondering, what in the world are you talking about? What has ceased to exist with only a passing memory? An absolutely incredible summer. #Summer2014. No other summer will compare to the laughter, non stop meetings, walking, talking, touring and EXHAUSTION. No other summer will stand up to our meeting 100's upon 100's of people from every walk of life all excited to converge on the Washington DC Metro Region together at one time. What frenzy we experienced in organizing people, events, tour buses, lunches and entertainment to ensure that our friends from all over the world felt incredibly loved. It was miraculous to say the least. I know I am not alone in saying it was a remarkable privilege to foster new bonds and reinforce ones that already exist.

As I sit and reminisce over the Summer of 2014, I can't help but smile actually I just broke into laughter at some of the crazy events that took place. The people in the coffee shop are looking at me but oh well I love to smile and the memories are just too good to hide.  Capturing some of the memories on film was a favorite part of the summer. So I put together just a few pics for your viewing pleasure. Maybe as you peruse them they won't have the same meaning for you as they have for me but one thing no one can miss is the vast amount of joy on all the faces. For those who read this post and can relate to my feelings please share some of your own experiences below. If there is an #outstandingmemory then PLEASE SHARE! If this post and those comments brightens just one persons day then I've done my job for the day and the love, laughter, joy and happiness of The Summer of 2014 will never be forgotten!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...